Skills & Training Funding
What this fund is for
Skills and training funding provides an extra incentive to employers to deliver construction training, aligned with CITB’s grant scheme. This funding also supports training interventions in management and leadership.
Who can apply
You can apply if:
- you are a CITB-registered employer
- you employ between 1 and 99 direct employees (small/micro)
- you employ between 100 and 250 direct employees (medium)
- any previous project paid for by the Skills and Training fund has been signed off as complete
How much you can access
CITB-registered employers can apply for funding based on their number of direct employees:
- Employers with CIS only (no PAYE) can receive up to £2500
- 1 to 49 PAYE staff can access up to £5,000
- 50 to 74 PAYE staff can access up to £7,500
- 75 to 99 PAYE staff can access up to £10,000
- 100 and 149 PAYE staff can access up to £15,000
- 150 and 199 PAYE staff can access up to £20,000
- 200 and 250 PAYE staff can access up to £25,000
short Duration Courses
CITB awards grants for the completion of approved short courses.
All courses are booked using Approved Training Organisations, ensuring that members automatically receive their grant without any further administration.
How much is it?
CITB pays grants at three tiered rates. The tier is determined by the duration and content of the course:
- tier 1 is £60
- tier 2 is £140
- tier 3 is £240
A Personal Learning Account will allow you to study standard courses and flexible part-time courses around your existing responsibilities.
If you are over 19, living in Wales and earning under *£29,534 a year, you can access a range of course for free!
*There is no earning cap of £29,534 on approved courses or qualifications in digital or green skills.
Further information can be found at Personal Learning Accounts (PLA) – Cardiff and Vale College (cavc.ac.uk).